:: you are here: home > sport > gaa > 2010-03-28= > 
About the Area
Parish Info
Clubs / Groups
Contact Info

GAA News - Sunday 28 Mar 2010

2-15 Fenagh 0-8

Tinryland senior footballers made it two wins from two
played when easily accounting for Fenagh in the Carlow S.F.L. division 1 at
Rathcrogue on Sunday afternoon 27th March. Having defeated Mount
Leinster Rangers on the previous Monday Tinryland were short the 3 Barrett
brothers, Cian Moore and Jeff Sutton together with Shane Redmond, Trevor
O’Reilly and John Paul Moore on Co. senior duty but had their county U21
players Cormac Walshe, Conor Byrne, Robbie Power, Matthew O’Toole and
Darren Murphy back in action together with Paul Costello and Gary Morrissey who
started the ‘Rangers game on the bench. The game was only minutes old
when Robbie Power received a leg injury after a nasty challenge that should
have warranted a card but went unpunished by referee Jimmy Lawler.

Three Paul Broderick points in the opening 7 minutes
set the boys in blue and white on their way before Fenagh midfielder Gary
Dillon pointed a free after 9 minutes. The inform Broderick further extended
the Tinryland lead with another point in the 10th minute which was
added to one minute later by a Padraig Townsend special from an acute angle.
Paul Broderick put the game further out of the Fenagh reach when he crashed
home a great goal in the 15th minute.

Fenagh then enjoyed their best spell scoring 3 points
from Gary Dillon, Craig Wall and James Kinsella before Tinryland got 3
unanswered points in the closing stages of the 1st half from Paul
Broderick, Cormac Walshe and Keith Jackson.

Leading by 1-9 to 0-4 Tinryland took ten minutes to
open their 2nd half account but during that period good defensive
work by Danny Moran, Paul Costello, Peter Doran, Matthew O’Toole, Conor
Byrne and Padraig Delaney kept the Fenagh men at bay and with Keith Jackson and
Cormac Walshe beginning to dominate midfield the home team led by 1-14 to 0-7
with 5 minutes remaining. Full forward Evan Doyle together with Gary Morrissey,
Padraig Whelan and Paul Broderick all got in on the scoring act in that period
and the score of the game for the home side came with 4 minutes remaining when
midfielder Keith Jackson after good work by Padraig Delaney scored a goal out
of the top drawer to put the issue firmly beyond doubt. The game ended with
with Jackson
for Tinryland and Dillon for Fenagh exchanging points to leave the final score
Tinryland 2-15 Fenagh 0-8. Tinryland substitute James Dempsey who replaced
Robbie Power was forced to retire with a hamstring injury in the second half
and was replaced by veteran Eddie Dowling who performed well as did
Tinryland’s other sub James Moore.

The next game in the S.F.L division 1 takes place on
Saturday next at 7.30 p.m and fireworks are expected when Tinryland entertain
Eire Og who are also unbeaten in the league to date.

   Not Logged In