search tinryland.ie  
 :: you are here: home > parish > facilities > 
About the Area
History
News
Events
Sport
Parish Info
Clubs / Groups
Links
Forums
Images
Contact Info

Deanes Shop- Located in Tinryland Village, just across from the school, the local shop is a new premises, opened in March 2003. The shop, which is part of the Gala chain, contains features such as a delicatessen, wine section and car wash. The original shop had been in existence since 1946 before the move to the new shop.

Tennis Club- Tinryland Tennis Club is located on the outskirts of the village. It contains three hardcourt tennis courts, two of which were constructed in 1995. There is also a clubhouse on site which will be re-developed as a Community Centre within the next 18 months.

Cross Country Course- The 1.5 km Cross Country Course situated on the Parochial Lands is regarded as one of the best courses of its kind in Ireland. This has been reflected in the many major championships that have been held here in recent years. Among the events held have been the National Senior, Veterans and Novice CC as well as the National Schools and Universities Championships. The course is particularily popular with local athletes who train on the facility all year round.

Football Pitches- There is one full size soccer pitch with a training field at McArdles Cross. This is where St. Joseph's AFC play their home matches. There is also some floodlight facilities which enable the teams to train over the winter months.

Ball Alley- The Ball Alley has a prominent position in the centre of the village on the Village Square. This facility is popualr with local youngsters.

   Not Logged In